Sunday, July 6, 2008

7 July 08

It is raining and absolutely freezing in Oxford today. I shant moan though because it is our last day here and despite the crap weather I shall feel sad leaving this little town behind. In Saturday's Press there was an article in the Mainlander section about the slow living movement which began in Italy. Oxford got a mention and I have to say that the article summed up exactly how I have felt living in the country - that we have had time to enjoy all the simple things in life. I am not sure that Paul has the jist of slow food though because he made me book our first meal out together in three months for 6.00pm on Saturday night. This was so as not to interfere with the ruggers at 7.30pm. He then chomped into his lamb shanks smugly assuring me that we had plenty of time to enjoy our fine dining experience in Oxford's divine Cafe 51. For my part; slow living aside you know you are in a small town when you glance across a candlelit restaurant and spy the nurse who gave you your last smear. Still she didn't recognize my face...funny that.

No comments: