Thursday, July 17, 2008

18 July 08

As I type this we are not long back from a morning on the beach and the boys are running around in the nudie rudie. By boys I mean Josh and Dan not Paul of course, he is fully clothed and doing a jigsaw puzzle. The jigsaw started out as something for him and Josh to sit and do together of an evening but it seems to have turned into something of an obsession on Paul's part. Still I am not complaining because I would far rather he eyeballed his 1000 piece puzzle than came down with that most dreadful of afflictions that so many men suffer from;- pervitis. Really the Gold Coast's Surfers Paradise should be renamed Pervers Paradise. They breed em differently over here. For every average, neon white, skinned mummy like myself there are six tall, tanned twenty somethings. Not that I begrudge these babes their bodies that dont know the meaning of wobble, well alright I do - but hey at least I am doing something about my own wobble. Pilates and jogging. I am not alone either, Paul has decided he is fed up with his one and only Ab and we have been taking it in turns to go out for a morning run. Only round the suburban block mind as the unwritten rule seems to be that you need to be body buffed in order to run down the beach boardwalk. If you're female then the dress code is tight leggings, a singlet and a cap with your swishy pony tail pulled through. Keep watching this space... by the end of our time here Paul and I plan to do a victory run down the waterfront. I promise Paul wont be wearing lycra though.

As for our children, well they have been challenging to say the least and Paul after spending all day every day with them for the last week and a half is adament that he is off for the snip in the not to distant future. I think screaming and shouting is how Joshua adjusts to change and as for Dan well I don't really have an excuse he screams regardless! Having said that though they love their mornings on the beach and we love creeping in to look at them when they are sound asleep worn out from all that fresh air.

2 comments:

Moraig Minns said...

Hey Guys

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time in the land of sand and sun. We can so relate to life with two boys, very challenging but full of fun and love. Keep up the blogs Michelle.

Lots of love

Moraig

emily said...

Hi Michelle,
I just remembered to read your blog. Loved all your funny little stories. I'll look forward to reading more......
Em xx