Sunday, July 27, 2008

27 July 08

Right-ho it's official it pees down on the Gold Coast too - and it did for the best part of last week. The bonus for me and the boys being that Paul was rained off so we got yet more quality family time and when we weren't timing Josh out in the garage we were cruising round Runaway Bay Mall. We also visited the library where I managed to pass myself off as Pam Vernal in order to get a travel book on Argentina out. With the lack of Coronation Street to fill my evenings I shall put my time to good use and instead of having that third glass of red I will plan our trip. Hopefully this will be a safer way to spend my time than debating with my husband as to where we are going to live next year. I sensed uncertainity where Paul was concerned when it came to my slow living in Oxford fantasy. Mainly because while me and the boys would be living the good life he would be commuting in and out of Christchurch. He also felt that he needs to be near his babies for the next few years (the houses on Peverel Street). Booze makes me nostalgic for the Academy Cinema and my trips their with Emily, for a civilised drink on a sofa under the fairy lights of His Lordship's Lane or a diet blow out at the Lonestar. Hence we are now thinking Prebbleton. Approximately twenty minutes from the city centre there is green belt to give the illusion of rural life and a high deci rating primary school. Those that know the deci rating we were under when we lived at Middleton Road will know how important a high rating is to me. Remember all those extra plunket visits I got? We toyed briefly with Australia or at least I did but with my lily white legs I would probably get asked to leave come summer. Asides from being too far from Mum and Dad and our friends it is very American here. In fact I saw my first Pam Anderson double in Surfers yesterday. Oh man (as our Dan currently loves saying) she had one mammoth set of mammories. Of course another major factor is that there is no Corrie. I do enjoy curling up in front of a warm fire in winter with a milo and my hourly fix of my one and only soap addiction. Ok the boys are in danger of getting an almighty scratch off the cat any minute so I had better sign off and get them to bed. x

2 comments:

Moraig Minns said...

Sounds like you guys are having a chilled out time. I am half through your book. I have to confess that I didn't realise it was electronic and have been waiting all these weeks for it to arrive in the post. Duh!! Anyway so far very enjoyable. Keep up the blogs!!

Love

emily said...

Hey Michelle,

Prebbelton sounds like a goer to me..... so much closer and yup - I miss those trips to the academy too. Thanks for your postacrd. There's some mail for you somewhere in the airspace......

xx