Monday, August 4, 2008

4 August 08

Well my jogging career is over before it even began. Is this due to injury you ask? Ah no it's basically due to a lack of motivation. Paul however has gone from one extreme to another. Not only is he jogging regularly but he rushed over to Westfield in Helensvale to score a half price AB machine at the K-mart there last Thursday. I am hoping he is not having some sort of mid-life crisis that culminates in him jogging off with a busty, bleached blonde who actually enjoys running. Though, having just glanced over my shoulder to where he is presently lying on the couch with an empty bowl of custard and icecream I think I shall stop worrying and serenade him with "I love you just the way you are" instead.
Our weekend was relatively quiet with a fry up at Paul's Aunty Rosalie's cafe at the Southport Yaucht Club for breakfast on Sunday followed up by a visit to Currumbin Beach. The boys were fascinated by a statue of a sunbathing lady. I decided enough was enough when I caught Josh copping a feel of her boobies. Today Paul went off to work while I wandered down the beach front with the boys, stopping off at the different parks along the way. Though the weather here is gorgeous and we feel right at home staying at Pam and Bob's I cant see us ever calling the Gold Coast home. The sight of ten or twelve total bogans or, as my friend Kath would put it, socio economically disadvantaged people holding a booze up near the children's playground reinforced this feeling. I think it has done me good to spend some time away from home if only to realize that nowhere is an Avalon and that it is up to me and Paul to do our best where our boys are concerned. Enough of my profound life revelations and back to Aunty Rosalie - she offered to babysit for us tomorrow night. YEEHA! So Paul and I are going to go out for dinner. He told me we are not fine dining though as he wants a decent feed. Romance is not dead and on that note I shall put the dishwasher on and head up to bed.

No comments: