Tuesday, August 12, 2008

12 August 2008

I never saw myself as a greenpeace kind of a gal but after what I witnessed today I am ready to part my hair in the middle, forego my razor and throw away my makeup. Stereotypical of me I know but hey it's my blog and I am still buzzing from our visit to Seaworld. How we came to visit Seaworld today is kind of a long story but last week when we were at Movieworld Paul,in true Vernal style, signed us up for an Accor seminar in return for free theme park tickets. I'm sure you know there is nothing for nothing in this world and on Saturday morning we sat through two, nearly three hours of hard sell at the Sofitel Hotel while the boys were entertained in the Kids Room. Our salesman, John was gushing as he got us fantasizing about spending the rest of our lives staying in five star resorts on our annual hols for a fraction of the normal cost. He wasn't gushing when we weren't keen to hand over the $21,000 required to realize this fantasy - in fact he was quite short. Still we scored a couple of coffees and some biccies as well as our Seaworld passes while we were there plus the boys were entertained all morning so it wasn't all bad. Paul finished his painting job for Margaret yesterday and yes, he is in right there with another job lined up next week. Hence we decided to use our passes today. Good pick, Seaworld was busy but not overly so and we spent the whole day there. The boys were bug eyed looking at everything and in typical Josh style we were given approximately 2 seconds to look at each sea creature before being herded on to the next one. The mono rail was a huge hit with Daniel who is definitely heading for a career in the Railways. A highlight for me was the Dugong. What the **** is a Dugong you may well ask? I too had no idea when I stepped inside the aquarium to see a Dugong called Pig. Actually now that I think about it I still don't really know much about Pig thanks to Josh and his 2 second rule. A cross between a whale, a walrus and a seal,he was big, white and loves seagrass and that's about the limit of my knowledge. Nevertheless it was amazing to watch how graceful this huge creature was. What pushed me over the edge and saw me wanting to join the Greenies though was the Dolphin display. All I can say is WOW! I actually wrote a segment in my book that sees my heroin having an up close and personal episode swimming with dolphins. Not having done it myself it was all imagination with a bit of help from my friend Bron thrown in. It is now on my list of must do's. Now this little tale will make you smile,it made me laugh outloud. In need of a loo my Paul disappeared only to return a few minutes later red-faced. It seems he saw a sign depicting clasped hands which he took as someone washing their hands and barged on in. Now thankfully he is not an over eager lad and he hadn't already unzipped when he popped up in the Prayer Room.

We finished the day off with a fish n chip basket down on the beach. Oh life's tough!

No comments: