Saturday, November 29, 2008

I forgot to mention Josh´s little gem when we were on the bus to Santa Lucia, Mum, he announced in his usual foghorn voice, I know something really big that you´d like to be sitting on! Paul and I cracked up and were once again grateful for the lack of English spoken in Uruguay. What he was actually talking about was a house and I think he meant I´d get a good view from the rooftop. Colonia was so so soooo beautiful and I was sad to leave but Paul and I will be back one day just the two of us to fine dine our way round the city. Carmelo was a laid back little town with the Rio de Plato river being its main attraction. The temperature hit 37 degrees which resulted in an impromptu swim in the river. Josh in his undies, Paul in his shorts, Dan in his nap and me fully clothed. I have never been so relieved to jump into water in my life. One night there and then the ferry to Buenos Aires which was a much more enjoyable crossing than the initial one over to Uruguay as much more to see. We are enjoying the city much more this time round as we knew what to expect and things are familiar. The boys are in a childrens play area in a pretty ritzy mall called Gallerias Pacificas complete with fresco paintings on the ceilings. I dont have much money so got to go. Wish us luck for our 13 hour flight home. Buenos Aires to Santiago to Auckland to Christchurh AAAAGH!

No comments: